1. Use candles as seasonal centerpieces.
2. Cut out connected stars (like paper dolls) on cardboard, place the artwork on a table or counter and center the candle in the middle.
3. Lighten up the mantle with candles.
4. Bring scents of home-cooking to the home even when you’re not in the kitchen.
5. Gently light bathrooms with votive candles and small pillars to add a soft floral scent.
6. Float candles in water.
7. Illuminate the doorway with planter stands on either side of the door at a covered entryway.
Original post: http://www.listafterlist.com/tabid/57/listid/3717/Holidays++Events/7+Steps+to+Holiday+Decorating+with+Candles.aspx