You do not have to be scared to add new shades and paints to the home. Here are some of the ways to create a wonderful scheme for any room in your house:
1. The most effective tool to use when looking for the right scheme is the color wheel. If you want to know the right color of the pillow that will look good on the green couch, check its neighboring shades on the wheel. You can also check its opposite end so that the pillows will pop out.
2. Aside from the wheel, you can also choose a theme like nature in your room. You do not have to copy what you see in your garden. You can bring nature inside a room by using the shades you see when you go out to your garden. You can use greens on your paint and brown on your accessories. You can also add a few touches of the blue sky as well as various shades of red, yellow, and orange.
3. Aside from a themed room, you can also get inspiration from an artwork you love. If the combination looks good in the artwork, it will most likely look great in your room. From there, pick the shade that you want your wall to look like. Choose one for the big furniture as well. If you think that it does not look connected, choose a patterned fabric for your pillow cover to tie up everything.
4. As mentioned earlier, patterned fabric can also be your inspiration. If you pick colors from the cloth that you will use in the room, everything will fall into place. You do not have to worry about oddity anymore.
5. You can also recreate a design you saw from a magazine. It is a difficult task to recreate something done by a professional. However, you do not have to copy everything on the page. Find a different shade for your wall, reupholsters your couch, and shop for different accessories. Although the design is not exact, the room will look better if you adopted the color scheme you see in the magazine.
Copyright (c) 2008 Free Online Library
Author: Chris Turley