It’s finally Spiny Lobster season in Key West!! Thankfully, Two Starfish Seafood, has several recipes for preparing these tasty tails including today’s Key West Pink Shrimp and Florida Spiny Lobster Tails Sautéed with Hot Key Lime Butter Sauce recipe.
Doesn’t that sound perfect for summer and early fall entertaining?
Key West Pink Shrimp and Florida Spiny Lobster Tails Sautéed with Hot Key Lime Butter Sauce Recipe
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite Hot Sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons Key Lime Juice
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds medium Key West Pink Shrimp (21-25 count), peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ pounds of Spiny Lobster Tails (about 4 small tails) removed from the shells and coarsely chopped.
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup of white wine
- 6 cups of pasta or rice
SAUCE: Prepare the Sauce early in the day. Place 8 tablespoons butter in a small bowl and allow it to soften at room temperature. Add hot sauce and lime juice; stir to mix well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate this until needed.
SEAFOOD: Melt 2 tablespoons plain butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add Key West Pink Shrimp and Florida Lobsters and sauté, stirring frequently, until shrimp just turns pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Do not overcook. Reduce heat to medium. Add mushrooms, scallions, and wine. Sauté, stirring frequently, until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add key lime hot sauce butter and stir until the butter melts and is well blended with seafood. Serve with hot pasta or rice.
Today’s coastal article brought to you by these premier sponsors…
- Two Starfish Seafood & Gift Store Fresh from the Florida Keys….Coastal Gifts & Seafood delivered to your Door!
- Ocean Offerings Unique and Distinctive Gifts & Jewelry Inspired by the Sea.
- Ocean Home Magazine The Luxury Coastal Lifestyle Magazine
- Beach Glass Shop Handmade beach glass jewelry from the shores of Lake Erie.