Autumn is a wonderful time to start an exercise program! Believe it or not, hanging out on the beach is actually great exercise. From throwing a Frisbee to playing volleyball to jogging on a sandy dune. Here are some tips to get you started…
1. Picking up sand dollars, beach glass and other treasures will work your lower back and hamstrings. Remember to bend your knees and have fun!
2. The advantage of running or walking on the beach is that the sandy surface has some give, making the exercise less jarring on your joints. Try walking without shoes to really feel the sand between your toes as sand is a great exfoliant for your feet.
3. Be sure to hydrate before hitting the sand and continue to drink water while working out. And even if it’s not super hot outside, be sure to wear sunscreen (yes, the rays can sneak up on you).
4. Don’t forget your 4-legged friends! In my experience, dogs love the beach and will not turn down an opportunity to walk or run. Take them with you to get their heart rate pumping, as well as yours.
5. Yoga is an excellent exercise to perform at the beach. The calmness of the waves may help meditation and concentration in your workout.
Today’s coastal article brought to you by these premier coastal partners…
- Ocean Offerings Unique and Distinctive Gifts & Jewelry Inspired by the Sea.
- Ocean Home Magazine The Luxury Coastal Lifestyle Magazine
- Two Starfish Seafood & Gift Store Fresh from the Florida Keys….Coastal Gifts & Seafood delivered to your Door!
As well as these fabulous coastal businesses >Coastal Marketplace