Today’s Beach House Tour is a Key West charmer which has literally stood the test of time. The home has been decorated with soft and feminine hues of dusty blue, pale mauve, and yellow which create a light and airy feeling throughout. The historic cottage even comes with wide honey-hued planks (swoon!) which envelope the home with warmth, antiquity, and craftsmanship. We love how the designer incorporated antiques and modern furniture & fabrics to create the perfect balance of beach cottage comfortability.
What is your opinion of this Key West Vacation Home?
In 1846, what would have roared in today as a Category 5 hurricane (think Katrina) pummeled Key West, Florida, leaving only eight of the island’s 600 houses standing. The unassuming yellow clapboard cottage with a long, sloping metal roof, black louvered shutters, and a white picket fence is one of those resilient rarities that survived the storm. ~ Traditional Home
More than any other space, the master bedroom says retreat. “It’s light and ethereal, like being in a cloud,” says Richesin of the sky-blue room with a cloud painting behind the bed. But despite the vacation home’s sense of airy escape, it remains rooted in terra firma–grounded, charmingly, in history. ~ Traditional Home
Read the entire article at Traditional Home Magazine
- Architect: Thomas Pope, Thomas E. Pope Architect, 7009 Shrimp Rd., Key West, FL 33040; 305/296-3611, thomasepope.com.
- Interior designer: Todd Richesin of Todd Richesin Interiors, Knoxville, TN 37922; toddrichesininteriors.com.
- Traditional Home article written and produced by Candace Ord Manroe; Photographs by Werner Straube
Have you entered this week’s GIVEAWAY? > Win a Driftwood Letter from Cottage Coastal!
Today’s coastal article brought to you by these premier coastal partners…
- Ocean Offerings Unique and Distinctive Gifts & Jewelry Inspired by the Sea.
- Ocean Home Magazine The Luxury Coastal Lifestyle Magazine
- Two Starfish Seafood & Gift Store Fresh from the Florida Keys….Coastal Gifts & Seafood delivered to your Door!
- As well as these fabulous coastal businesses >Coastal Marketplace