Our Boat House shares their thoughts on giving thanks this year as well as their secrets to creating a warm, welcoming atmosphere for family and friends…
Blessing of the food is part of the ritual of breaking bread together and it connects us again and again with the faith of our family – whatever that may be – handed down from one generation to the next. There is no right or wrong. Tthe only requirements for a proper blessing are thankful hearts. We think for a moment of those who are no longer with us and then we give thanks together – for our health, for the food before us, the friends and family beside us and the love between us.
We share a few of our secrets in creating a warm, welcoming atmosphere for family and friends…..
- Keep it simple -use organic natural materials that bring a seasonal pleasing aesthetic.
your personality – ours happens to be classic, vintage, warm and
coastal-no rules apply-it’s all about what stirs your soul.
- Candles, candles, candles – can never have too many.
- Set up a self serve beverage table.
- Set a special place for the little ones and celebrate their artwork.
- String together a list of blessings and weave along the center of the table.
- Pay attention to detail and set the table the night before.
Thanksgiving should be focused on spending time with family and friends – stress less about the details and put more energy into the people. Thanksgiving is about the people you love and enjoying and appreciating their company!