As promised in last week’s Color Palettes, here is the Pantone color of the year, Tangerine Tango… especially for those that love their cottages with color! In another part of my life I actually was a huge orange lover and had an entire Tuscan media room which had beautiful orange walls. I’ve gotten out of that phase so wasn’t entirely eager to write today’s post. Funny thing is, by the time I had researched photographs for the article I had changed my tone a bit.
Tangerine Tango seems to be mainly used in modern interiors…or so I thought. I found that it can be combined with many other colors, styles and textures to create very cozy spaces. The color combined with turquoise is bold, when accented with wicker is charming, can be toned down with neutrals and used with white is very modern or not (check out the last photo of the chest).
“For over 18 years, Pantone, the global authority on color, has surveyed the designers of New York Fashion Week and beyond to bring you the season’s most important color trends.” – Leatrice Eiseman Pantone Color Institute / Nanette Lepore New York Fashion Week
- Yellow & Red Hibiscus Print – Plumeria Coastal Home
- Bursa Specimen Shell – Pink Pelican Designs
- Dark Red-Orange Lobster Pillow – Caron’s Beach House
- Tangerine Gurgle Pot – Ocean Offerings
- Pink Ibis Print – Beachcombers Cove
- Surfer Girl Mango Tangerine Soap – Boutique de la Mer
- Vintage Chinoiserie Orange Pillow – Pillow Folly
- Serendipity Coral Rug – Ocean Styles
Are you on the bandwagon for Tangerine Tango or do you love the simplicity of neutrals?
More color palette inspiration in the coming weeks…
Visit our sister site for coastal lifestyle articles!